A new analysis of IRS data shows the financial consequences of gaining or losing population can be either extremely rewarding or devastating to individual states. In 2020, blue states repelled the highest earners while red states attracted them, resulting in massive economic losses and gains.
- New York was the biggest loser, netting a loss of almost 250,000 residents, who took with them a net of $19.5 billion in income — fully 2.5% of the state’s entire adjusted gross income (AGI) in 2019.
- California did second-worst, losing a net of 263,000 residents and $17.8 billion in income.
- The third biggest loser was Illinois, whose 101,000 emigrants took income worth $8.5 billion with them
- Massachusetts came in fourth with a net loss of $2.6 billion.
- New Jersey took fifth place with $2.3 billion in lost income.
… Heading up the winner’s column were Florida, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and South Carolina
Now, Leftugees, remember that it was stupid Lefty policies that made where you came from a steaming Hell-hole. Do NOT soil your new nest!